- Members may select a mentor by choosing one or more search criteria that include individual and/or institutional characteristics to find their preferred match.
- Mentors and Mentees will connect, via NACUANET, phone, email, or in person, ideally at least once each month during the year.
- Mentors, Mentees, or pairs are not automatically renewed each year unless both parties agree to continue.
- Mentor and mentee commit to one year.
- Mentees can develop a specific set of goals which form the basis of the mentor-mentee relationship, and mentors are asked to work with the mentee on advancing these objectives.
Open to all NACUA Members. Provide advice and guidance on various professional development and work related issues and skills.
All mentees and mentors are required to follow the guidelines below.
- Mentors and mentees must be willing to assume the appropriate role as defined below.
- In order to participate in this program, mentees and mentors must fill out their respective enrollment.
Role of Mentee
- Mentees need to fill out their profiles on NACUAMentors, including their bios and pictures, since this information will help mentors best serve you.
- Mentees should have clear goals for what they want to achieve from participation.
- Mentees should be prepared with questions and goals to work on with their mentor.
- Mentees will be asked to complete a survey after one year to provide feedback about this program.
Role of Mentor
- Mentors need to fill out their profiles on NACUAMentors, including their bios and pictures, since this information will be used by mentees to request possible matches.
- Mentors are responsible to connect with their mentee once a month, through email, phone, or meeting.
- Mentors lead the first discovery call by walking through a Discovery Call Checklist.
- When mentees provide mentors call topics in advance, mentors are encouraged to think about resources.
- Mentors will be asked to complete a survey after one year to provide feedback about this program.